Tuesday, July 15, 2014

FIX: CKEditor not showing up when site is deployed on IIS server (ckeditor-full version 4.4.2)

Scenario:

Recently, I came across an issue due to which CKEditor was not showing up after deploying website in IIS. It was showing an empty placeholder instead. It was showing up completely fine in development environment, and while running site through Visual Studio.

I had "ckeditor-full" (Version 4.4.2)" package added in my MVC project, and also bundles to load "\ckeditor\adapters\jquery.js" and "ckeditor\ckeditor.js" javascript files in the project.

I checked in the code but it all looked fine.

As a resolution, it turned out that, I had to include following line in my view before loading the bundles -

<script type="text/javascript">
    CKEDITOR_BASEPATH = "@Url.Content("~/Scripts/ckeditor/")";
</script>

Hope this will help someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog.
However, if this helped you in any way, please take a moment to write a comment.

Thanks
Nirman